Find 4 unique methods to fix Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 problem. Many windows 10 users are found complaining that Bluetooth is unstable and needs fixing. This problem also arises when you are trying to connect with wireless devices like speaker and microphone. So you will discover a working process to use BT with the latest version of Windows 10.
Below are some of the common reasons why Bluetooth might not be working:
- The Bluetooth adapter or hardware is damaged.
- There are more than one Bluetooth devices around the computer.
- Bluetooth software drivers are outdated.
Similarly, We also recommend you to check a possible solution of any of the following problems if you are facing one:
Methods to fix Bluetooth Paired but Not Connected Windows 10
Please check if you can detect any controversies listed above. If you cannot find one, here I have prepared this guide to help you. Following are some of the working methods to deal with Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 issue.
Reconnect Bluetooth device
There might not be any problem with the computer or Bluetooth settings. To fix this problem, all you need to do is reconnect Bluetooth device by performing the following steps.
- Open the start menu and go to ‘Settings’ by clicking on the gear icon.
- Select ‘Devices’ and switch to ‘Bluetooth’ tab. There you will find a list of different paired BT devices.
- Click on the device that is not working and select ‘Remove Device’.
- Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm removal.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth of the required device and make sure that it is visible.
- Go back to BT settings and click on the device name.
- Click on ‘Pair’.
- If you are on mobile, then it will ask to match a passcode. Remember, first click ‘Yes’ on the computer then only click pair on mobile.
Alternatively, you can connect to Bluetooth using the Action Center. Press the hotkey ‘Windows + A‘ to load Action Center on right-hand side of the screen. Then click on ‘Expand’ and select ‘Connect‘. It will show a list of different BT devices nearby you. Click on a device to automatically connect. These operations will help your device get paired and connect Bluetooth with Windows 10. You can also turn Bluetooth on/off using the same steps mentioned above.
Make Bluetooth visible
This is one of the most underestimated reasons for Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 problem. In order to make Bluetooth visible on windows 10, click on the start menu and select settings. Then navigate to devices >> Bluetooth. Select ‘More Bluetooth Options‘. Under Discovery, check the box present to the left of ‘Allow Bluetooth Devices to Find This PC‘. In the end, click on ‘apply’ and then ok.
Start Bluetooth Support Service
If Bluetooth is connected to Windows 10 PC but no sound is producing, then it could be because Bluetooth support service is not running. Here is how to check and start BT support service:
- Press hotkey: Win + R.
- Type services.msc in the run dialog box and hit enter.
- This will load the ‘Services’ window. Scroll down and find ‘Bluetooth Support Service‘.
- Check if ‘Running‘ is displayed on the status column next to it.
- If there is blank, then right click on ‘Bluetooth Support Service’.
- Select ‘Start‘.
In this way, you can start Bluetooth support service in Windows 10 to solve any BT related issues.
Update Bluetooth Driver Software
Follow these steps to update Bluetooth drivers:
- Right click on start menu and select ‘device manager‘.
- Click on the arrow to the left of Bluetooth to unhide options.
- Right-click on any listed Bluetooth driver.
- Select ‘Update Driver Software‘.
- Click on ‘Search Automatically’ and let window update drivers itself.
If this does not work, try manually updating BT drivers in the following way. This step requires a pre-downloaded Bluetooth software from any brand’s official website.
- Perform step 1 to 4 as mentioned above.
- Click on ‘Browse My Computer For Driver Software‘.
- Select ‘Browse’ and navigate to the directory where software is saved.
- Then click on ‘Ok’.
- Tick on ‘Include Subfolders‘ checkbox and select Next.
- Select an appropriate driver and click next.
- Finally, click on ‘Yes’ to start the updating process. Wait until it is complete.
In this way, you can update BT driver software to solve Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10 issue.
Did any of the methods above help you to solve the problem: Bluetooth paired but not connected windows 10? Or do you have any other computer related problem/solution? Either way, let the world know by writing your story on comments below.