In this article, you will discover how to download YouTube videos without any software in chrome, firefox & android, no extension or external add-on required. The steps mentioned below are super easy and anyone can use them.
Also, if you are new and want to become a YouTuber (someone who runs a YT channel), I highly recommend you to read the guide on planning a youtube channel from scratch. Now let us learn how we can download any youtube video without using a software.
how to download YouTube videos without any software in Firefox
We can download a YouTube video without using any software in Firefox using a third-party website called SaveFromNet. Use the steps below to download videos without any software on Firefox:
- First of all, open YouTube.
- Type in a video name and search for it.
- Click on the video you want to download. The video will start to play.
- Click on its URL in the browser and add “ss” before youtube.com and press enter. For example,
- Original Video Url: https://www.youtube.com/v/xyz
- New Video Url: https://www.ssyoutube.com/v/xyz
- The above step will redirect you to SaveFromNet official download page. There you will video thumbnail, its title and download box next to it. The download box is highlighted with green color. Click on the drop-down arrow next to it and select a pixel quality.
- Finally, click on ‘download‘.
Please note that you can also copy video URLs from YouTube and paste them in SaveFromNet official website.
How to download YouTube videos without any software in Google Chrome
It is easy to download YouTube videos in Google Chrome without using any software. Just follow these steps:
- Open YouTube from Google Chrome and search for a video.
- Right click on a video and select ‘copy link address‘.
- Now go to ytmate.com
- Paste the URL in the search box by right-clicking on it and selecting paste. Or use the hotkey ‘CTRL + V‘.
- It will automatically start to display video thumbnail with download options. If it does not appears, click on ‘start‘.
- If you hover next to the video, you will find different quality options. Select a video quality and finally click on ‘Download’
In this way, we can easily download YouTube videos without using any software in Google Chrome. There are many other free YouTube download sites. I have listed most of them here on this website. You can use them too. You can also watch the following video to learn more.
How to download YouTube videos without any software on android
You can download 1080p or any YouTube videos directly from url in android. The steps are easy and normally like any of the above methods. All you have to do is Visit the official YouTube app, click on share and then tap “copy to clipboard”.
This will save a link of video into android’s clipboard. You can manually get a YouTube video URL by visiting the site from any browser like Opera Mini, Chrome, UC Browser, etc. After copying the video URL, just go to any free download site and paste URL there. They will convert the video file and make it downloadable.
Are you able to download youtube videos without any software using the above methods? Let me know in the comments below.