Discover the best and free ways to promote blog to bring unique traffic and increase audience. These actionable techniques publicize blog without paying for advertisements and it saves huge amount of money.
These techniques are super proven and helpful for any blogging platform such as BlogSpot, WordPress, Joomla, etc. But I will not mention crap such as writing more blog posts here as you already know the number really does not matters. Also, the updated Google search algorithm gives more priority to quality over quantity.
Before getting started I want to make sure that if you don’t have a blog and thinking of creating one, read my article how to make a free blog.
Best 18 Free Ways to Promote Blog
Below are all those nasty proven methods and strategies to promote blog for free.
1. Make Use of Featured Image: Insert a logo or website address towards the corners of main article banners. It is no denying fact that images easily gets stolen, no matter how much effort you put. This will not only protect your work but also promote blog at the same time. It is one of the popular techniques used in Harsh Aggarwal’s ShoutMeLoud and here on Advanced Blog.
2. Use Short Domain: Before starting any blog or website, find a domain name that is essentially short and easy to remember. When people first open a blog, they look at its address. If it is horrible and long, no one ever returns to it or talks about it with their circle.
Use Social Media Strategies To Promote Blog
Just creating an account and publishing links randomly won’t work. You should adopt multiple strategies to make followers click on it.
4. Automatically Post to Social Sites: We cannot stay 24 hours online. So apps likeBuffer are built to post in our social media accounts automatically on the right time. It has both free and premium features. Facebook have their own built-in option to schedule posts through a page.
5. Use Auto-Responder:When you go offline, followers might want to connect with you. Tell them to wait for few hours till you get back using auto responder on Facebook and check your blog meanwhile at the same time. Use automatic reply services to thank someone who follows you on Twitter and ask them to visit your link.
6. Write Compelling Captions: When you share on social sites, writing “This article is awesome” and publishing won’t work. You have to pick two or three lines from the actual article and insert them on captions to catch followers attention. But be sure to make slight modifications to those lines to avoid copyscape problems.
7. Be involved in communities: Every social site have their own community for a particular topic such as circles in Google Plus, groups on facebook. Find communities that are related with your industry and share article there. You will get more reactions and followers from them.
8. Make Use of HashTags: Made famous by twitter, hashtags increase reach and engagement if used properly without being annoying. Find good hashtags using tools such Twitonomy, and RiteTag. Some pro tips include keeping them concise, short and relevant to topic, not using more than 3 tags per post, capitalize first and important alphabets, and do not use them on bio.
9. Connect with people: Find contributors and influencers in your industry from facebook, twitter, instagram and so on. Promote their content in your article and mention them through such social media sites by tagging them on the post you share. Also, you can email them and inform about the content. When you promote someone else’s brand or product on your blog, then actually you are promoting your own blog.
Note: Avoid publishing spam links. So what are spam links?
Links that are randomly posted online and appear too often that disturbs user experience by creating irritating messages that are unrelated to a topic are called spam links. They can also be false news or misleading information sites.
Social media companies hate when someone leaves their site and enters a new web page through them. So they simply block links that are published too often or that look like spam. However, publishing two or three link per day from one account won’t make it spam.
10. Use Big share Buttons: At least add 3 social sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter & Google+ below the main title and after the end of content. You can use plugins such as Social Warfare or Mash Share for WordPress.
11. Add Share Triggers: They are CTA (Call-To-Action) methods that compel users to share your blog and make it viral. Usually people end up saying “If you like this, please Share it” but that is not enough. Do not make your content self centered. People should get a reason to talk about it. Add data, statistics and important facts on article that psychologically encourages visitor to share it. Also, using clean landing pages and avoiding too many ads builds a positive mindset for people to share your post.
12. Blog Directories : Submit a URL of blog to such directories that do not require reciprocal link in return for their services. Some of those free quality blog directories are Blogarama, BlogFlux, Blogio and many more.
13. Grab Visitors from YouTube: Create a YouTube channel and publish cool videos related to your blog. Then add a link in description, and various CTA methods that YT supports such as messages that appear while watching a video. The most popular videos are how to videos and you can drive huge amount of traffic if you have a similar blog to take its advantage.
14. Use Infographics: It is an image that contains all necessary data, information and facts about a particular subject. Infographics that has a solution, statistics, sources, and tells a unique story about trending, ever-green or controversial topics are highly shared. Place them on blog posts and generate an embed code that enables bloggers to place it in their sites to share with their followers. Be sure to include your homepage link in the image and embed code.
15. Comment on WordPress Blogs:
A WordPress blog has a “Website URL” box in their comments section which allows a commentator to insert their link that opens when someone clicks on their name after the comment is published and visible on blog. Find at most 10 authority WP hosted sites everyday and leave a comment on them. Make sure that you read entire article, criticize it and write something good or congratulate at the end to get it approved by blog owner.
16. Show up on Google Search: Optimize articles for search engines so that they appear on first page of google for a particular keyword.
17. Email Marketing: You can build audience by collecting emails from visitors coming into your site, which is both free and paid method. MailChimp is one of those free software that you can use to build email list without paying for it.
Whenever there are new ideas or plans for your blog, or just published new article, you can use email marketing products to inform loyal followers about it. You can also setup automatic email replies for new subscribers including links to blog, and adding social media share buttons while contacting your followers.
18. Use mp3 Files: Create a banner with cool poster of your blog using any free image editor tool like Photo Shop, Paint, PicsArt, etc. Use big bold text formatting to insert site URL. To upload banners into music files, use window media players view file description option and manually insert by drag and dropping photos into the thumbnail area.
Similarly you can also edit music files description and tell the song listeners about your blog. Right click on any mp3 file and select ‘Properties’. Then switch to ‘Details’ tab where you can make changes or add more information about your blog.
The tricky part about this technique is to be creative and insert catchy banners and details. The task will be easier if your blog address is short and easy to remember.
Now it’s your turn. Which of these methods do you feel comfortable enough to promote blog for free? Have you learnt anything new from this article? Do you have any other free ways to promote blog?
Tell me on the comments below.