Discover how to import files and edit videos with one click windows movie maker download link (full version) for 2018. Developed by Microsoft, Windows movie maker is one of the best filmmaking software for pc. After being discontinued in 2017, the free professional video editing software is no longer available to download from official Microsoft store. But we’ve saved its old copy that you can get from here.
Released in 2000, Windows movie maker is still considered as the best video editor in 2018 because of its simplicity and power to make YouTube videos, films or slideshows. Windows Movie Maker is light as it consumes less storage (around 35mb) and its working speed is lightning fast. Your computer won’t hang or freeze while performing any operations inside the tool. It also has a nice navigation system and easy to handle controls.
Related: Download Pinnacle Studio 19 Ultimate
This program is compatible with every version of windows including win7, 8, 10, XP and Vista. It is available in 64 different languages. You can add text, create, edit and trim video clips on your own instantly.
How To Edit Videos in Windows Movie Maker
Windows movie maker supports importing a wide range of audio, video and image files. You can also add videos from a camera directly connected to the computer via USB data cable. It is basically divided into two screens. The left one is for preview and the right side is the timeline where imported objects appear.
In order to add video clips into Windows Movie Maker, click ‘Add Videos and Photos’ on the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Then browse through the folders in your computer, select files and hit open.
Similarly, there are other options in the home tab that perform the following Tasks:
- Webcam Video: Initialize the default webcam device connected to computer and record live video.
- Record Narration: Used to record voice to replace the default audio in a clip. This is extremely useful for gamers and tech Youtubers. This option will be active only if there is a video already placed on the timeline.
- Snapshot: Takes a screenshot of preview window on its actual size.
Add Text in Windows Movie Maker
- Select a clip on the timeline. Then click on ‘Title’.
- It will automatically take you to the ‘Format’ tab. A text box will appear in a preview screen. Click on the box and starting typing text. Click anywhere on the timeline to exit out of text editor.
- Make use of font and paragraph tab on top to style the text. You can also control the transparency of text. Similarly, there are options for Background color, start time and text duration that you can play with yourself. You can add different transition effects, outline size and color to the text in the same tab.
- Switch to home tab and click on ‘caption’.
- A horizontal text box will display towards the bottom of the preview screen. Click on ‘[Enter Text Here]‘.
- Press hotkeys ‘CTRL + A’ to select all and start typing new captions that will replace the default one.
- The text and paragraph styling method is same as above.
- In the ‘home’ tab, click on downwards arrow next to ‘credit’ and it will unlock a couple of different options. Select a type from the drop-down list.
- You will be taken to the format tab again. This time you’ll see a text box that contains credits. Edit that box and you’re done. As mentioned earlier, you can also change text styling, layout and background color from different options on top.
Adding Transition and animation
It is super easy to add transition and animation to clips in windows movie maker. All you have to do is select a clip on the timeline, and switch to either the animation or visual effects tab on top.
In the Animations tab, we can apply different transitions with pan and zoom separately. They have a huge number of effects such as cinematic, dissolve, automatic, etc. if explored deeply. You can emphasize color and give different looks to clips in the visual effects tab. There we have categories such as artistic, fade, cinematic, motion effects, etc.
Plus you can do so many more exciting video editing stuff in full version of Windows Movie Maker. I recommend you to try everything inside the software. It will take less than a day to master video editing.
Also read: A complete guide on Digital Signature
System Requirements for Windows Movie Maker 2018
The following characteristics are required to run WMM in any computer:
- 32 bit or 64-bit computer (both supported)
- Windows Vista, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows XP (Operating System)
- 1GB or higher RAM.
- 1024 x 576 resolution (minimum)
- DirectX 9.0c or DirectX 9 hardware graphics card.
- 1.6Ghz or Pentium 4 or AMD processor.
- Version of software: Windows Movie Maker 2012
Read This Before Downloading: Our website is an alternative source for downloading windows movie maker in just a click in 2018. The author of this website personally uses the software for mixing and trimming YouTube clips before uploading them online. I have directly copied the original software from my computer, compressed it and uploaded here. It is virus free as I have personally scanned the file with Avast Antivirus on my computer before uploading. So it will not damage or harm your computer in any way. The download size is only 35mb after compression.
After Downloading: No need to install anything. You will require a decompression tool like WinZip or PeaZip to extract and save those files. No key or password is set to unlock it. When extracted, open ‘New Folder’ and double click on ‘Windows Mover Maker by Max Dai’. There you will find ‘MovieMaker.exe’ software. Open it and enjoy editing video clips for free on your computer. You can copy or move it to any location you want. Plus, I’ve also added an instructions.txt file outside the folder that contains information on how to use the software. The download link can be found below at the end of this page.
How to install Windows Movie Maker
- First of all, click on download link below using any browser such as chrome, firefox, etc.
- Then save the file into your computer.
- Double click on the compressed zip file and extract it. You must have WinZip installed before doing that.
- Open the extracted folder ‘Windows Movie Maker By Max Dai’. Don’t worry it’s just a promotional name.
- You can also read the instructions.txt file if you want to before proceeding.
- Finally, double-click on moviemaker.exe to launch the program.
- No installation required. Enjoy the full version for free.
Download Link: Windows Movie Maker download 2018 full version free
Windows Movie Maker Alternatives (Free Software)
If you want to move on and try something new, then take a look at these free Windows Movie Maker Alternatives:
- Microsoft Photos: When movie maker was discontinued in 2017, it was officially replaced by Microsoft Photos. It is also a replacement tool for ‘Windows Photo Viewer’. This software is used for photo management and editings like cropping, noise adjustments, correction, and red-eye removal. Besides that, it does a great job as a 3D video editor for story remix by importing video clips
- Shotcut Movie Maker: It supports every audio and video formats including FFmpeg for producing high-quality mp4 files. Shotcut is good for video effects and runs on Windows OS, macOS, and Linux. Some of its features are trimming and merging clips, multitrack timeline, keyframing, etc. It is free software for video producers.
- VideoPad: Developed by NCH, video pad has been dominating the industry for a decade. Besides normal desktop version on windows and mac, video pad is also available to download for android and ios.
- Pinnacle Studio Ultimate: This is a paid and heavy video editor tool to take your video editing skills to next level and display Hollywood style VFX in your films.
Final Words:Now it is your turn. Tell me, did the windows movie maker download link worked for you? Did you find this tutorial helpful or does it needs any kinds improvements? Answer me in comments.